The Mathematics Hub website (Website) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and is managed by Education Services Australia Limited (ESA).
The Website contains a number check (Number Check) and relevant resources for school leaders, teachers, and families.
Ownership and use of Material on the Website
Unless indicated otherwise:
- all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the Material are owned by the Commonwealth of Australia (Commonwealth Material); and
- Commonwealth Material may be used in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY 4.0) licence.
Material not available under the licence and terms described above
The permission to use Commonwealth Material above does not apply to:
- any logos including the Mathematics Hub logo, the Number Check logo, the ESA logo or the Australian Government Department of Education logo;
- any other Material protected by a trade mark; and
- any Material that is owned by a third party (not owned by the Commonwealth of Australia).
Number Check Material
The Website contains material licensed from the New South Wales Department of Education (Number Check Material). Except as otherwise noted, the Number Check Material may be used in accordance with a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence (CC BY 4.0). This licence allows you to:
- share – copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format; and
- adapt – remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially;
- provided you attribute – give the appropriate credit (the name of the creator and attribution parties, a copyright notice, a licence notice, a disclaimer notice and a link to the material), provide a link to the licence and indicate if changes were made. You may do this in any reasonable manner, but not in a way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Other Third Party Owned Material
Other Material owned by a third party (that is, not owned by the Commonwealth of Australia) is listed in the Acknowledgements page of the Mathematics Hub.
The Material comprising the Supporting Your Child’s Learning pamphlets may be used by you for non-commercial purposes provided that the source and copyright owner (New Zealand Ministry of Education) is acknowledged.
Licence fees not payable to statutory agencies
References to external resources and links to external websites
The Website references and/or provides links to third-party websites not controlled by ESA or the Commonwealth of Australia (the Commonwealth). The Commonwealth and/or ESA:
- References or provides links to this information, resource, product, process or service for information only;
- is not liable for third-party websites;
- does not control third-party websites;
- makes no depiction of the intellectual property rights for third-party website content;
- does not endorse third-party websites and third-party content or any organisation, product or service associated with those third parties; and
- does not have the power to change any third-party websites.
Website links to third-party websites were relevant at the time of linking. However, this content is not controlled by the Commonwealth or ESA and this content may change over time without knowledge of the Commonwealth and ESA. Furthermore, at the time of publication, links to third-party websites were functional. If you come across third-party website content that you believe is inappropriate for an education-based website, please contact ESA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer and liability
The Material is provided for your information only and you are responsible for ensuring that the Material is current, complete and accurate before using it.
ESA has endeavoured to ensure all material provided is accurate and up to date however Material is provided to you on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and you use it at your own risk.
To the extent lawful, ESA:
- excludes all warranties in respect of the Mathematics Hub website and the Material; and
- is not liable for any loss or damage however caused resulting from the use or inability to use the Mathematics Hub website and/or the Material or caused to your computer or any other property as a result of your use of the Mathematics Hub website.